Welcome back to Term 3!
Our Prep students need you! Banksia Beach P&C have allocated $5000 towards revamping our Prep space. This has been pushed back due to covid, flooding and new buildings -but now is the time! If you can help on the end of a shovel, can donate some materials, or have a small digger/kanga to dig out a sandpit (stage 1) this would save significant cost and help us achieve a greater outcome via more materials to build and create.
A passionate P&C parent is on hand to coordinate and build, we just need you to share your skillsets and make lighter work with many hands. Works will be carried out this term in school time - we are flexible with days and dates to fit in with your needs.
Please email Mrs Mead (firstname.lastname@example.org) or pop into the office to let us know how you can help!
Overarching goals of the Prep play space revamp
- move sandpit closer to mud kitchen
- add in water tap so students stop taking the pots and pans to the bubblers and toilet tap to fill up!
- create a performing arts/free stage place with dress ups for lunchtime fun
- create a seated area for quiet interactions/games
- create a nature play space - complete with a river stone bridge, plants and the river's rocks decorated by each 2022 Prep student
- create imagination poles, steering wheels, and game spaces - it can be whatever their hearts desire!
- any other suggestions are welcome!